Dr. Parveen Bhatia, MS,FRCS (Eng.),FICS, FIAGES (Hon.), FMAS, FIMSA, FAIS,FALS,FCL
Chairman, Institute of Minimal Access Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery,
Institute of Robotic Surgery(IRS),
Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi.
Medical Director & Consultant Laparoscopic & Bariatric Surgeon,
Global Hospital & Endosurgery Institute, New Delhi.
Association of Surgeons of India (ASI): Governing council member (2010-2013)
ASI: Hon. Secretary, Delhi State Chapter (2008-09)
- North zone ASICON CME on Complications on Jan 24-26, 2009 at AIIMS.
- ASICON CMEs monthly.
- Global Laparoscopic Surgery week and workshops.
- Co-Organizing Secretary ASICON, 2010 on Dec 15-20, 2010 at New Delhi.
On Editorial Board: Journal of Minimal Access Surgery (JMAS)
Surgical Clinics of India
IAGES: Hon. Secretary (2006-08); Vice President, North Zone (2004-06);
Executive member (2002-04)
Delhi Medical Council: Council member (2009-2014)
Author / Co-author of books:
- Laparoscopic Hernia Repair: a step by step approach.
- Art of Endosuturing: a step by step approach.
- Comprehensive Laparoscopic Surgery
Global Newsletter & e-Newsletter- monthly
Field of interest – Lap. Hernia repair, Bariatric Surgery & Single Incision Lap. Surgery
Participated in 300 National & International Conferences & Workshops on Laparoscopic Surgery as invited Faculty (including Operative Faculty)
Faculty: Ethicon Institute of Surgical Education, New Delhi.
Member: Obesity Surgery Society of India, A.S.I, IAGES, AMASI, SELSI, ELSA, SAGES.
Scholarship: Honored with International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity (IFSO-2005) scholarship at Maastricht, Netherland on Sept. 2, 2005.
- ASI Jharkand Chapter Orationat Ranchi on Oct. 22, 2005 on Laparoscopic Management of Pseudocyst Pancreas.
- Dr. Mohd Abu Nasar Moezuddin Orationby U.P. State ASI at Agra on Dec 18, 2005 on Innovative techniques of Stapled Haemorroidectomy.
- Oration at ASI Bihar State Chapter, Mungeron Endoluminal management of Pseudocyst Pancreas.
- Dr H. Lalmohon Singh memorial Oration,Manipur State Chapter 13th annual conference of (ASIMANICON-2008) at Imphal on Oct. 11, 2008 on: Laparoscopic hernia repair: Where do we stand today?
- Dr. J. C. Mahanta ASICON 1978 Oration, Assam State Chapter of ASI (ASACON-2009) at Hojai, Assam on Oct. 24, 2009 on Hernia: Present and Future.
- Dr. Major S. M. Ghosh Memorial Oration, West Bengal State Chapter, ASI (SASICON, 2010) at Burdwan, West Bengal on February 26, 2010 on Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy in Morbid Obesity.
- Key note address “New frontiers in Laparoscopic Surgery” “Minimally Invasive Surgery Workshop & CME 2010” on March 20-21, 2010 at Military Hospital, Jalandhar Cantt
- Bharat ji Gulati Oration “7thInternational Congress on Geratric Care” on November 12, 2010 at Islamic Cultural Centre, Lodhi Road, New Delhi on Bariatric Surgery: Current Scenario.
- Dr. Das Mohapatra Oration ASICON-2010, at New Delhi on Dec.19, 2010 on Management of complications of laparoscopic/Open Inguinal Hernia repair.
- Dr. B. Narsaiah Endowment Oration APASICON-2011 (Andhra Pradesh Chapter, ASI),at Tirupati on September 24, 2011on “Reduced Ports in MAS”.
- Dr. S. K. Sen Memorial Oration SURGICON-2011 (ASI Delhi State Chapter) at New Delhi on Nov. 6, 2011 on Reduced port surgery.
Awards and Honours:
- Manav Seva Puraskar of (IES) Institute of Economic Studies presented to Dr. Parveen Bhatia by H.E. Mr. Korn Dabbarnasi, Hon’ble Former Deputy Prime Minister of Thailand at Bangkok on January 13, 2011.
- ‘eMedinewS Distinguished Speaker of the Year 2010′ Award at Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi on January 9, 2011.
Publications and Chapters:
- Endoscopic Anatomy of the Groin Hernia, Introduction to Endo-Hernia Surgery 2005, Chapter 1, 28-52.
- TAPP Repair, Introduction to Endo-Hernia Surgery 2005, Chapter 3, 61-7.
- Current Status of Laparoscopic Inguinal Hernia Surgery, Clinical G. I. Surgery 2008, Vol-II, Chapter 74, 921-940.
- SILS: Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery- Review article: J.Surg.Sci.:JSS (2010) 1(1): 10-13
- Bariatric Surgery Procedure Selection: An Indian Perspective: Essentials of Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery 2010, Chapter 10, 81-85.
- Single incision multi-port laparoscopic appendectomy: How I do it: Bhatia, et al.: SILS appendectomy technique: JMin Access Surg 2011;7:28-32.
- Death of “Clinical Touch”: J. Surg Sci (2010) Vol-14, No 2: 60-61.
Mission & Vision:
Learn, Relearn and share the knowledge.
Provide world class minimally invasive surgery to patients – rich or poor- at affordable costs
Dr. Parveen Bhatia,